The success of any
It is obvious that as a
1. Establish a promotional tie-up with a quality clothing retailer – any customer spending above a certain amount of money would receive a discount coupon / gift certificate for your store.
2. How about a vice-versa tie-up with say, a hair salon? Establish a tie-up with a quality hair salon where women who buy above a certain price range in your shop would then receive a gift certificate / discount coupon to visit the hair salon.
3. Being a part of local shows, kitty-party, women organization or anything similar can boost the goodwill tremendously with the locals.
4. Donate gift certificates to charitable causes – this works especially if the committee members are mostly made up of women.
5. Target your clients through newspapers – don’t ignore the sports pages or the business sections as modern women are known to read these sections avidly.
6. Make sure your advertisements are also placed in upscale fashion publications. Frame such nice ads and put them up on your store walls in a nice manner.
8. Make sure that your staff is well dressed, especially in the context of the market you are going to target.
9. Organize your displays / merchandise according to the price range. Don’t group expensive items with inexpensive items. Be sure to include any costing tags or price tags on the piece of
10. Show ensembles in different price ranges. This will allow women with smaller budgets to make purchases in your shop as well.
11. Make sure that your store hours are favorable for professional women – it is logical that women won’t be able to shop at your store if your store is open only when they are at work.
12. Provide for ample parking space around your shop. Make sure your shop parking area has good security. At late hours, offer to have a guard escort your women customers back to their cars.
13. Don’t forget that little touches mean a lot. Women easily get attracted to fancy wares. So don’t forget to offer them something in lovely glassware. It will create a good impression of the stores standards.
14. Make sure your store bathrooms (especially those that customers can use) are well appointed. Use scented soaps, guest towels, potpourri – these subtle touches make women feel very comfortable while they are shopping at your store.
All these ideas should help you with creating the right client base, and create the right ambience and provide the right touch of elegance for your store, which eventually will help you build up your